The Black Swan at Oldstead in North Yorkshire has been named as the best restaurant in the world, according to TripAdvisor.
The Michelin starred restaurant with rooms, headed up by brothers Tommy and James Banks, was awarded the top Travellers Choice Awards for Restaurants by the customer review site.
Raymond Blanc’s double Michelin-starred Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, in Oxfordshire, took the second place. The result mean the UK is home to the two best restaurant’s in the world, according to TripAdvisor.
The win marks the first time a restaurant in the UK has topped the world category since the awards began in 2012.
“We are so happy with the news and would like to thank all of the TripAdvisor users who have rated their experience with us so highly, and recognised the hard work each member of the team puts into every element of running The Black Swan,” says Tommy Banks.
“It really is everyone in our fantastic team who has made this happen.”
The rankings are based on millions of reviews of fine dining restaurants on TripAdvisor over a 12-month period.
El Celler de Can Roca, in Girona, Spain, a former Best Restaurant in the World, came 10th in this year’s TripAdvisor rankings.
The Travellers’ Choice Favourite Fine Dining Restaurants Worldwide:
1. The Black Swan at Oldstead, Oldstead, United Kingdom
2. Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, New Milton, United Kingdom
3. Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France
4. L’Auberge de l’Ill, Illhaeusern, France
5. Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain
6. Daniel, New York City, United States
7. La Colombe, Constantia, South Africa
8. David’s Kitchen, Chiang Mai, Thailand
9. Maido, Lima, Peru
10. 10. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain