Riki Tiki Tavi's, a new fusion dining experience has been launched at Star City, Birmingham. The new company is run by operations director, Raymond Defazio, who helped set up the Pharmacy restaurant in Notting Hill, worked for Texas Lone Star and was operations manager for Caspers, the telephone nightclub.

Defazio has a 10% stake in the new company while the remaining 90% is funded by a private investor.

Defazio, was responsible for creating the new concept which is a combination of far eastern and western food.

The company has three more sites in the pipeline including The Printworks in Manchester on 9th November, Nottingham in January and Broad Street, Birmingham in early 2001.

It plans to roll out to eight sites in the first year and 20 sites in the first two to three years.