The UK's largest managed pubs and restaurants are enjoying a good summer's trade with sales up in July. The Coffer Peach Business Tracker, which monitor's the trading performance of 16 companies including Mitchells & Butlers, Whitbread, Pizza Hut, Punch Pub Co, Gondola and Tragus, reported a like-for-like sales increase of 1.9% in July on last year. It follows 1.4% life-for-like growth in June. Total sales, which include those from new openings, were ahead 3.3% on June 2009. Month-on-month, figures were up 26% on June, which despite good like-for-like comparisons had the generally negative effect of the football World Cup. This July’s result compares with a 1.0% increase in like-for-likes in the same month in 2009, and a 5.9% month-on-month increase.