Inbev has upped the ante of a hostile bid for Anheuser-Busch after warning that it "will pursue all available avenues" to win control of its US brewing rival. The Belgo-Brazilian company, which makes Stella Artois and Beck's, said it remained committed to its $46.3bn (£23.2bn) offer for Anheuser-Busch – despite the US rival's rejection of its $65-a-share proposal last week. Carlos Brito, InBev's chief executive, said his preference remained to "enter into a constructive dialogue to achieve a friendly combination", but warned that he would pursue all avenues to "allow Anheuser-Busch shareholders a direct voice in the process". advertisement He was also critical of Anheuser boss August Busch IV. "Given the seriousness of our firm proposal, we were surprised that we did not hear from Anheuser Busch's board of directors, management or advisers prior to the rejection," Mr Brito said. The statement from InBev came in response to a plan laid out by Anheuser-Busch on Friday detailing how it proposed to create value as an independent company by pushing through $5bn of extra share buy-backs and offering more than 1,000 staff early retirement. The InBev statement came as Mr Brito warned separately that the brewer would increase beer prices to counter rising costs. InBev shares fell 79 cents to €43.29 (£34.22), while Anheuser was down 23 cents at $61.89.