UK Food-to-go Market Report 2017
Released on 9th February 2017, the MCA ”UK food-to-go” market report delivers authoritative analysis, through a combination of quantitative and qualitative research of the key issues facing the food-to-go market today.
The UK food-to-go Report 2017 from MCA reveals a healthy 3.8% expected growth in 2017, outpacing the wider eating out market, which is predicted to grow by 1.7%. This impressive performance is due in part to a shift in consumer attitude. Food-to-go has evolved from a workweek need into a week-long want, with nearly a quarter of food-to-go visits made during weekend-biased ‘shopping & leisure’ occasions. With competition intensifying in this thriving sector, quality market intelligence is a vital asset to operators and suppliers seeking to advance their position. This report answers that need, drilling deep to give industry executives the fine detail they crave.
Key report outputs:
- Detailed market sizing of the UK food-to-go market – current and projected
- Comprehensive overview of competitive landscape, including physical expansion, sales market share of leading brands, operator profiles, product counts and product pricing
- Types of promotions and their efficacy
- Analysis of consumer participation, frequency, spend and behaviours over time
- Factors affecting the wider eating out market
- Breakthrough concepts and supplier innovations
- Future outlook of the food-to-go market
The UK food-to-go Report 2017 enables operators and their suppliers to:
- Gain a competitive edge by understanding the key issues affecting the food-to-go market
- Discover how the food-to-go market has grown over the past six years
- See which channels and operators are winning in the food-to-go battleground
- Find out what food-to-go retailers think the key challenges and success factors in the industry are
- Learn what the key food-to-go consumer trends are
- Understand how the market is set to grow over the next three years and the concepts to watch over the next few years
- 144,000 online surveys (6,000 per month) through MCA’s Eating Out Panel TM , FY 2015 2016
- Extracts from MCA Brands & Corporates service and synthesis with wider market sizing databases.
- Desk research: news articles and trade press, company websites and industry associations
- Telephone interviews with industry executives.